Millions of people work with personal trainers every day. A quality personal trainer knows the most efficient way for their clients to reach their personal goals. Recently, many trainers have been including brain training in their routines as an added benefit to their clients.
The old model of personal training tends to focus primarily on the outer physical appearance, helping people to lose weight and get fit. However, the outer appearance is only half the equation. Brain health is a significant concern for many people. In other words, it doesn’t matter quite so much how great your abs are looking if your brain is experiencing cognitive decline. This is why it makes perfect sense for personal trainers to include brain training in their workout routines with their clients.
Here are 5 reasons why more personal trainers are including brain training in their client workout routines:
- Clients get more out of each session. Not only are they working on their physical health, but they are helping to improve their mental health as well.
- By adding in brain training to the workout routine, clients are reducing the risk of cognitive decline. That will help them stay healthier overall, allowing them to remain clients for a longer period of time.
- Brain training during workouts adds a little bit of challenge to the workout, which most people find to be fun. One of the most effective things you can do to keep your clients working out is, to help keep the workout from being boring.
- As a personal trainer, your job is to teach people how to live a healthy lifestyle. Taking care of the brain is a major component of being healthy. Your clients will appreciate that you are helping them to keep their brain healthy.
- By adding in brain training to your workout routines, you will stand out as a personal trainer. You will have something of additional value to offer to your clients that will give you an edge above the competition.
- When people engage in braining training with their workout, they will see the results. As a personal trainer you need people to see results so that they feel the time they are putting in is worth the effort.
Personal trainers who are incorporating brain training into their workout routines are turning to the SMARTfit system. The SMARTfit system has been designed to give people mental challenges while they are being physically active, which helps to avoid cognitive decline. This type of brain training focuses on neuroplasticity, which is the brain being able to recognize and rebuild itself by forming new neural connections. With SMARTfit, not only will your clients get a great workout, but they will keep their brain healthy, too. To get more information on using the system with your clients, contact us at 1-800-900-8542 x 110.